Tuesday 1 October 2013

Oatmeal...




In my attempt to opt for healthier foods to help control my appetite, I decided that I would remove bread from my diet completely.  Though I have the occasional burger which is obviously made with buns....cutting bread out of my daily diet has helped tremendously.  I went from eating four slices of bread per day to no bread...not even toasted bread.  I replaced my morning sandwich with a lovely bowl of oats.  I still struggle with adding less sugar, but will opt for replacing the sugar with fruits now that Summer is on the horizon.  Here is 4 good reasons why we should have Oats for breakfast in the morning:
  1. Because oatmeal is a WHOLE GRAIN it lowers your risk for several diseases two of which are hypertension and type 2 diabetes.  It is a great source of iron, magnesium and vitamin B and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease;
  2. If you have been diagnosed with high cholesterol, adding oats to your daily lifestyle will assist in LOWERING CHOLESTEROL;
  3. Since oatmeal is a source of fiber, having it as your first meal in the day will make you feel full for longer, as opposed to sugary cereals.  This in turn would help in LOWERING WEIGHT;
  4. If like me you disliked oatmeal growing up, try to find better OATMEAL OPTIONS by adding fruit, nuts, cinnamon or nutmeg.
Now I am glad I have gotten used to eating my oats in the morning, it's the one thing I look forward to when I wake up in the morning...knowing that as soon as I get to the office I would be able to devour my wonderful bowl of oatmeal!!!!

Jay...

No comments:

Post a Comment