Monday 30 September 2013

Coco Nut Hair Mask

So my mom gave me coconut oil but in its solid form...to use on my son's skin for his eczema....but I chose to stick with the ointment the Doctor prescribed.  Now I know Indians (Not native Americans) use it on their hair...so I thought instead of throwing it away I would use it on my own hair.

I found an article recently on Tia and Tamera's website on 5 different ways of using Coconut oil...here's how to use it as a hair mask:


  • Grab a chunk of coconut oil and warm it in your hands;
  • Smooth it through your hair but starting at the bottom, giving attention to your ends;
  • Once you have thoroughly spread it through your hair, wrap your hair on top of your hair and wait for 30 minutes;
  • For better results you could wrap it in a warm towel, or pop on a shower cap and allow the warmth in the shower to open up the hair follicles and better penetrate the hair shaft;
  • Another option is to leave it overnight for optimal results;
  • Rinse and wash as per normal with your shampoo and conditioner;
  • And HEY PRESTO...gorgeous shiny and sleek hair!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment