Thursday 10 October 2013

Summer Drinks...

I love planning parties...and I have decided that it would be my new hobby.  It's coming on slowly as I only take on personal or family events and assist friends and co workers with ideas for their parties.  In doing so I have come across many interesting sites on the internet where I get nifty ideas from...and that I change slightly to fit my budget.  I love this site called Catch My Party....here is a really fabulous idea to use...Summer is coming up and I will definately be trying this out!

Please note this is not my own idea and the links to the appropriate sources will be listed at the end of this post.

Start by slicing a ripe watermelon in thin slices--about a half an inch thick. Shapes like stars look better with thinner, rather than thicker slices.
Use a small cookie cutter to cut star shapes out of the watermelon.

Place watermelon stars on a baking tray lined with Silpat. The silpat isn't strictly necessary, but it does make the watermelon star ice cubes much easier to peel off after they're frozen.

Once the watermelon stars are completely frozen, they can be peeled from the tray and stored in a ziplock bag. This can be done several weeks in advance of your event.


Please find this on www.catchmyparty.com or at the originator Nicole from Tikkido  Hope you enjoy!!!!

Jay xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment