Friday 18 July 2014

A call to free Palestine...

I don't get how people can pain others so much!?!? Why...Whyyyyy!?!??!

I've been trying to follow all the updates on #Palestine and I'm in tears, angry tears everytime...

I was fortunate to venture to #Palestine with Wah Seema some moons ago and it was life changing to say the least. With all its colour, aromatic scents, dusty hill tops, amazing falafels and just about the most beautiful people ever...it is, and I can say this first hand...a love nest fuelled by family, humility and solidarity, regardless of religion and ethnicity...REGARDLESS of religion and ethnicity!

Until now I struggled to voice my experiences, I was not sure how to. As much as I remember feeling so blessed to share love with so many amazing people...family, I still today cannot shake those sights that kept me from recalling my journey...

I remember seeing Palestinian children playing in the debris of missiles that freshly demolished their community.

I remember not being able to make eye contact with Israeli soldiers, passing check points upon check points - wanting to wet my pants at every occasion. Teenage soldiers...cold to the bone.

I remember rifles being forced into the faces of respectful, well educated Palestinian citizens, embarrassed to their core for no reason other than forgetting their pass.

I remember with others being interrogated time and time again for fear of being a threat.

I remember looking up and all I saw was barbed wire covering a town, designed as a walkway for Israeli soldiers looking down on Palestinian with cold rifles - one wrong move and...

I remember feeling HATRED at the sight of a wall so large and unnecessary.I'm not sure how living like this can be justified. It's inhumane! Literally boxing a nation and controlling the air they allowed to breathe. People are dying, children are being murdered at the price of what...really...why I ask again!?!!!?

I'm not sure, but for me it's difficult sleeping at night, knowing that so much heartache and pain exists.

Until that time when all steps up and the cloth falls off the eyes of the those that has the power to facilitate change...

May Peace Rain on #Gaza
May her Children be Guarded
and her Leaders Guided.
Written by Andrea (AJ) Castle...

My first guest blogger and fellow Social worker...


No comments:

Post a Comment