Monday 7 July 2014

Shingle bells Shingle bells Shingles all the way...

I was diagnosed with Shingles last week and spent a good couple of days resting in bed.  It is generally an infection of a nerve area caused by the varicella-zoster virus.   Geewhizz...sounds like a monstrous virus...it has monstrous pain though!  Its the first time I have had this condition and I hope it will be the last.

My rash was pretty much contained to a small area on my back along my pelvic area.  Pretty sore and the scabbing ain't glorious looking either.  What bites the most is the little shock waves of pain on random areas of my body...like a really highly intensified bite from a flea or some spider.  I compare it to being tasered slightly.

I am back at work and feeling a little slow...delayed...really delayed...but getting back into action is most probably the best cure going forward.  My doctor strongly prescribed a lifestyle change...not very easy for some one who suffers GAD and depression...BUT...its doable...everything is doable if you put your heart mind and soul into it.  I would love to see a lifestyle change take place...I would love to incorporate outdoor activities and the like even if the weather is ghastly outside.

Let's hope I make the mind shift...so that I can be healthier and keep the Shingles at bay...

Jay...

No comments:

Post a Comment